Sunday, May 11, 2008

Why green?

I love the colour green. Green is fresh. Green is vibrant. Green is new growth. So is life always greener on the other side of the fence? Perhaps too many of us live life as though it was - or more importantly live life like there is nothing we can do about it.

I chose this title for my blog because our family have started a new chapter in our lives this year. My husband Adriaan changed jobs at the beginning of the year, we moved house, suburbs and had a new baby! We chose this path because our grass wasn't green enough. No, not that we envied other people but rather we desired to live differently to how we were living.

We have chosen to cast a vision of what we would like life to look like. For me, living fresh is part of that vision. It's not that life is always 'green' (or rosy as the other saying goes) - with too young boys at the moment, most days don't feel that 'green'. But it's more of a discovery of loving life - my life - not someone elses'. Of loving people. Of loving this world in its' beauty and abundance. Of loving its' author and creator in all his wisdom and grace.

So a bit like our new herb garden that we planted this weekend, although I might stuggle sometimes (or a lot), I hope to grow abundant and useful fulfilling all that I was created for.


3 comments:

Adriaan said...

Hello, darling, and welcome to the world of blogging. I look forward to drinking deeply as I ponder your thoughtful posts.

Unknown said...

welcome to the blogosphere. I have linked to your blog from mine (I'm presuming you don't mind!)

Anonymous said...

Your herb garden isn't exacly square. ;)